Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Blk & White Challenge

I decided to participate in the Blk & White Challenge that Marie's having, which ends tonight, so if you want to participate, do it now! LOL! Here's my take on the sketch and color theme:


Sketch to use:



Sorry folks, I've been making my cards/projects late at night that when I post, I don't have time or forget to post the links or the supplies. So let me do so now...

I used a combination of DP from Nancy Kubo's and Mindy Terasawa's kit. Nancy's kit was a mini kit that was given free at one point...I tried a search but couldn't find it...I do believe that it has expired. However if I find it and it's not expired I will post a link to it. Mindy's kit is called Noir et Blanc and you can find it at DD.

Basically I just stamped my image (Dress Me set) on a 3.5 white CS, colored her with my gray Copics (I believed I used a combination of C3 and C7), added Martha Stewart glitter and then started to layer with Mindy, Nancy's and black CS. Tied a black SU! ribbon on the side and stamped the "Fabulous Friend" (Oval All stamp set) onto white CS, punched it out with SU! Large Oval punch and then punched out black CS with SU!'s Scallop punch. That's it! HTH! As usual thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Teri said...

Ooh, I like this black and white card. Very nice and the sketch is a nice one too!!

Joy said...

love this black and white! it came out so sweet! what stamp is that? she's cute! can you give the secret on how you made that card? it's so lovely! TFS!

Michelle Alejandro said...

This came out so cute! Love the black and white! What stamp is that? I know she is an Anya, but not sure which one. Have a great week!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Thanks Claudette for the info!

Jodi said...

I like this black and white card, it's so pretty!! =)
Hugs
Jodi =)

Maria said...

awesome job on your blk/white challenge card!! Love your choice of dp! It looks very elegant. I've been so dang busy. . .I didn't have a chance to play. Ugggh! I'm doing big time catch up on my commenting too!!! Good luck. . hope you win!

Maria

Kyoko said...

Uhhh, LOVE this b/w card! You did an awesome job on the challenge!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Claudette, just love this colour scheme. Hugs Nikki x

~*Joni said...

Oooh I just love this Anya card! What a great challenge that Marie presented to us, you did such a wonderful job with it! Your Anya is so sweet in her dress, and the hues of the DP that you chose were just perfect. (btw, I've seen your avatar in blogs that I frequent, I finally made it over here via Tammy's blog!) Happy Friday and have an even nicer wekeend! :D